Wednesday 23 December 2015

Contented Christmas Chaos!

So my first Christmas as a free women is here!

I send my love to all the ladies who are spending Christmas away from their families at Her Majesty's Pleasure. In particular my thoughts are with my lovely friend who used to ring me in the middle of the night from the end of her garden, who has now been recalled (please see previous blogs) and also Joanne Dennehy who has a lifetime in jail ahead of her.

My Probation officer told me last week that hardly any of her clients have been allowed Christmas ROTL this year. This is incredibly sad and my hope for 2016 is an intelligent and informed reform of the prison system to enable rehabilitation and not just  punishment.

My Christmas involves my eight children, my Scottish friend (see previous blogs), my 18 year old daughter's boyfriend, my ex husband who has sadly had a stroke aged 45 and my involvement at the local church - tomorrow we have two crib services which I am playing for.

Happy Christmas to all who read my blog and all the best for 2016!

Thank you all for you support


No comments:

Post a Comment